Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE GROOVE COMES. THE GROOVE GOES.

Oh sad but true. I knew last week wouldnt last.

Friday's run was ok but not great. Today I decided to do a route that Peter had suggested, quite different to the way I normally go. I was a bit skeptical as it was downhill first which is never my preference. So off I went and I'm now running with a "Keeper" (Runkeeper app on the iPhone).

Ooooh I'm not sure that I like being told every 5 minutes just how poorly I'm running LOL. Especially when I did the (slightly) uphill haul home and my pace slowed pathetically. My overall distance (which doesnt matter in my training program) was woeful and it left me a little dejected.

Oh and to top off my "woe is me day" the bloody Metal Monster decided to head the wrong f*cken way. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! I know its one reading on one day but geez ... give me a break. At least stay the same if you dont think I deserve a loss.

So on that note I'll sign off and regroup for what I hope is a better week this week.

M

2 comments:

  1. Hey Magda! Sounds like me this past week...no matter what I did or how hard I tried...I just couldn't "get there"

    Fingers crossed that the groove re-appears very soon!

    Sandra
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,

    yep some weeks are like that but the key is to accept them as normal and just get on with it. Its too easy to throw our hands in the air and declare it all "too hard" but in the big picture, thats just ludicrous. Lets get our heads down and bums up and keep working towards our goals.

    Cheers

    Magda

    ReplyDelete