Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LOVIN MY "RUNNING GROOVE"

I seem to have found an amazing "running groove" lately. Today was sprint training which is admittedly the LEAST favourite of my training sessions. I mean, done properly, sprints HURT so I inevitably back off a bit in a feeble attempt at self preservation.

But not today - 8 x 80 metres with a really good effort and then off to the one (sort of) hill in my mainly flat suburb. 10 x 30 second hill sprints with a jog back recovery. And I nailed them today with a really good consistent effort. A light jog home with the whole session taking only 45 minutes and I was ready to slay dragons. Oh and I did all this on a lower carb dinner too (luck of the draw as to what was on the menu after inspecting freezer stocks).

Its times like these I want to take these conditions and feelings and just bottle them up so I never lose them. The left leg is a bit dicky post training but tomorrow is a rest day so hopefully by Friday I'm all set for another kick arse run.

Oh and the other benefit is that at times like these I truly believe that with this being the status quo I can absolutely nail another HM AND smash my previous time. Now thats another feeling to be bottled.

M

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Magda!

    I'm a little jealous - would give anything to be able to do any kind of a kick-arse session at the moment. :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling well Magda... If you could bottle imagine the money :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the running groove report magda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kek, when you were all fired up and kickstarting back at your training, I was feeling the same (wishing I had your energy and enthusiasm). Peaks and troughs baby. What goes up must come down etc. Patience grasshopper.

    Too true Kristy.

    Thanks Shar. Its SO good to be in such a good place.

    ReplyDelete