Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FEELING GOOD AND THE TAROT READING

I felt incredibly good today and I want to share the little things that contributed to this.

I have a really nice black dress that I bought a year ago when I was nopticeably slimmer than I am now. Two weeks ago I tried on that dress, not expecting it to fit (its a size 10) and I was right. The side zip wouldnt do up and it looked hideous over my thighs.

Today I gave it another go and it fitted, albeit snugly so I wore it today and I felt really good in it. The hem sits just above my knees and I have painted fake tan onto my normally lily white legs. If there's one thing to make legs look better - and make the owner feel a LOT better - its brown legs. Ladies I can truly recommend it. When my legs are brown I swear I feel 5 kilos lighter LOL.

Running 50 minutes this morning put me in a good mood. Even though I had to delay breakfast in order to have some fasting bloods done, I didnt feel like I'd collapse from hunger but instead I treated myself to breakfast out at a nice restaurant before going in to work a little later than usual.

Add to this a productive day and the future looking up for a particularly difficult project and my spirits were lifting by the minute.

Then walking through Rundle Mall on my way back to work from a meeting, I stopped and had a Tarot reading. The reader was amazing doing 99% of the reading with her eyes closed but "looking at me" if that makes sense. She'd look at the card and then translate its meaning to me. I loved it. I dont remember the specific cards but some of the things she said were (sorry this is a bit disjointed) that my self esteem was on the increase; that I was making decisions for myself and not being guided by others or external circumstances; that my hard work would be rewarded and this was repeated in a number of ways like "reaping the rewards" and variations on that. The overall gist of her reading seemed to be that I was coming into a positive, productive and rewarding phase of my life and that I was taking control.

You know what, whether you believe in Tarot or not I have chosen to believe her reading to be true because deep down I feel all those things already. And I know unequivocably "whether you believe you are or you believe you're not, you're right."

:-)

PS Oh and the number on the scales SO doesnt matter.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous reading! And yes I totally believe, in fact I have my own deck that I use often, especially when there seems to be a crossroads sitting in front of me.... I don't follow the cards lead blindly but they always helo me to decide which choice really suits me... and Yay for the little black dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy. It was really insightful and uplifting and we can all do with more of that, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple of readings. The last one told me I'd have two daughters...Guess what ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent had one for ages so I found it really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post Magda. So positive and uplifting.

    I have always wanted to try a tarot reading, but haven't yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristy,

    You should try it when the opportunity presents itself. There are ladies who sit in the mall and do it for a gold coin donation. Ther is nothing to lose.

    Cheers

    magda

    ReplyDelete