Sunday, October 14, 2012

THE UP SIDE OF BEING SICK

They say that every cloud has a silver lining. Well every bout of illness has one (or a few) too. Here's what mine have been:
 
1. At my friends 40th last night her comment "I can see you've lost weight."
 
2. Feeling considerable lighter I had an awesome run today.
 
3. Enforced rest means rested legs also contributing to that awesome run.
 
4. I'm still eating less than I was before I got sick.
 
5. I'm very grateful for my usually robust and healthy constitution. Considering how bad I felt on Thursday, I've bounced back quickly and am feeling mighty invincible.
 
Yep, I had a FANTASTIC run today where I did a 5 min warm up walk and then hit my jogging pace. Except I felt so light and rested that I actually increased my speed from my usual Cliff Young shuffle to a respectable jogging pace. Every 5 minutes my average pace was getting faster and faster (remembering that my 5 minute walk was being factored in to it). It was only the last 5 of 40 minutes that were hard(ish) and then I walked for 15 minutes to finish off a mighty fine one hour session. I LOVE it when my runs feel like this.
 
Tomorrow I go back to work and normal life which is all I've craved this week but now its almost here I wish I could stay being a lady of leisure. Oh well, I can dream, I guess.
 
Tomorrow its also back to my Fibrober Challenge broadcast. Watch this space for my latest rivetting findings :-) LOL.
 
Cheers all
 
M
 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great run :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame I couldn't back it up with another one today. Instead I was back to my usual Cliff Young shuffle. I guess I'm not surprised though. Yesterday was the exception, not the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on Sundays awesome run Magda! I know the feeling, some runs feel awesome, some are much more of a slog......but the great thing is that you keep on trucking with your training! Top work today as well! Glad you recovered fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Pip, they cant all be good, can they? At least I'm back training regularly this week.

    ReplyDelete