Sunday, October 7, 2012

BACK FROM HOLIDAYS

I cant believe its been a week since I last came here to blog. I've had a wonderful mini holiday taking my boy to Port Lincoln where a dear friend now lives. We had a short holiday with her family while Peter stayed at home and held the fort at work.
 
You may recall from my last post that my diet and training had gone a little wonky due to a change in routine and me feeling quite tired from lots of running and leg training. My last post was like my recommitment to my longer term goals of getting into awesome shape for my 50th birthday next year. However holiday time is not the best time to aim for significant inroads into such a goal so I pretty much decided to go with the flow for a few days and then get stuck back in on my return.
 
Honestly, the break was fantastic. I ate fruit toast with butter for breakfast. I drank wine and/or champagne every day. There was a hot chip - or 10 - devoured with lunch or as an afternoon snack and the piece de resistance was lunch on the drive home. Mitchell and I stopped at a country bakery and I had a cornish pasty with sauce AND an apple crumble cake. OMG - the perfect fusion of white flour, trans fats and sugar galore. My taste buds were jumping for joy for 10 minutes and then I realised that it wasnt actually THAT great and I knew deep down that I didnt want to keep eating that crap. Sometimes you have to take a step back to propel yourself further forward and thats exactly what Friday felt like for me. Nice indulgence but dont want to keep it up.
 
After doing weight training for three days straight before I went away I took the rest of the week off except for a leisurely walk on Thursday morning. My lower back and right hip are a bit sore since I'm back into training now at home but I'm hoping to keep it under control through stretching, healthy eating and a positive mindset. This worked before and there's no reason it cant work again.
 
I havent checked in with the MM and if there is a bigger number than last time, then so be it. I know that what I'm doing now will have the numbers heading in the right direction in no time at all. I just need to keep my eye on the bigger picture and keep taking one step at a time towards my goals.
 
:-) M
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment