Sunday, October 28, 2012

RETHINKING

With every regrouping comes some rethinking and over the last couple of very busy days I've spent some time working out why things went off the rails for me in the last couple of weeks. The answer was simple really. I took the focus off my original goals (getting my weight down and improving my fitness) and shifted it elsewhere (my Fibrober challenge). With this new focus (and somewhat obsession) I stopped paying attention to all the positive changes I had made to my lifestyle and let a lot of them slip into oblivion. Follow this up with some old bad habits creeping back in and VOILA I was on a backward slide.
 
I have found lately that weight loss for somebody like me (age, level of activity throughout most of my day, love of food and wine) will not just magically happen without a conscious decision to consistently eat well, train hard, get enough sleep and keep the headset positive and balanced. Yep the bottom line is I have to work for it LOL.
 
But the good bit is that I actually dont mind. Its a choice I make and its one I'm happy with. I dont see it as a long, hard slog of hating every step along the way. If I did, I'd be in BIG trouble. Take today for example. I started the day with an hour of exercise which was a mix of walking (a little) and jogging (a lot). Felt fantastic at the end of it. Today's green smoothie tasted great as I had 1/2 a kiwi fruit spare so I added it to the mix. Wow!! What a difference it made. It was so yummy, I could have had 2 LOL. Then it was 10 minutes of stretching for this rickety, tight body followed by a long, hot shower. After all that I felt so good I could have slayed dragons. For dinner tonight we had a mini Greek feast. I marinated some heart smart lamb leg steaks in garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and black pepper. Did similar with some calamari rings (+ 1/2 kiwi fruit to tenderise it) and also marinated zucchini and eggplant in garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Peter BBQed the lot and I made a Greek salad adding some low fat feta and kalamata olives. It was to die for: tasty, lean and healthy.
 
So let the new week begin where the only sliding is forward towards my weight loss and fitness goals.
 
:-) M 

3 comments:

  1. That's why I no longer like the word "journey" (as in the name of my Blog LOL), because there is no arrival date...it's something we will keep on doing as part of our lives xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. The "journey" is actually the "lifestyle" if you're going to have long term success.

    ReplyDelete