Thursday, October 25, 2012

REGROUPING

With about a week to go in October I'm wrapping my Fibrober Challenge although I'll be forever mindful of making good dietary choices to help and not hinder my cause. I know its SO not a  sexy topic but by putting it out there, I've had the most amazing feedback (via blog and privately) from people offering helpful hints. I'm already onto the green smoothies, will be trialling a probiotic and considering some other suggestions too. Thanks to everybody who contributed to this sometimes awkward topic.

Geez October has been a topsy turvy month and amongst it all I seemed to lose my way a bit, getting quite off track with both my short and long term goals. Being so focussed on my regularity (or lack of it) didn't help and then things just seemed to hit a bit of a downward slide. Until Tuesday morning at a work related exhibition, I found myself repeatedly drawn back to the morning tea table where bite sized pecan danishes seemed to jump from the platter to my mouth REPEATEDLY!!!

Couple this with a serious case of "I cant be arsed training" late last week and a super busy weekend with very little time for it and I was heading quickly towards Slothdom. Aaaargh talk about positive breeds positive and negative breeds negative. My world had turned into the latter and it was inevitable that my back pain would flare up again (I jarred it turning over in bed). That translated into a little more time off training and then only doing upper body work and yep, over a couple of weeks I felt like I'd lost so much ground.

But I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and got back on with it now. Yesterday was my 'regrouping' day even though I had very little time to spend on the emotional side of it. I met with the MM (now that I'm a big girl and the number has no power over me); gave my legs another rest day but did lots of stretching and then got back into some good eats. Even though there were moments throughout the day when my mind wandered to food I knew I didn't need, I let those thoughts go and by the time I got home for dinner and I was really hungry, I was also feeling pretty invincible and really happy.

I have a new goal for the end of October and achieving it should place me in good stead for some even better achievements in November. I'm focussed back on what I want, how I want to live and more importantly what I need to do to feel good .... which incidentally is NOT eating several pecan danishes :-) :-)

M  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment