Thursday, October 11, 2012

THE BUG'S GOT ME TOO

Well this is turning out to be a week I'm looking forward to being over. Last night not only did my fibre supps kick in (this is good) but the stomach bug that Mitchell had, decided to get me as well. Whilst I didnt puke I came damned close. I'm lucky I have an iron constitution that can fight bugs really well. In between dashes to the toilet, I lay in bed shivering and aching despite my electric blanket being powered up again.
 
I eventually went back to sleep only to have bad, disturbing dreams. In the morning I was totally wiped out and still in bed when Mitchell called out from downstairs about a uniform problem. With Peter in the shower I decided to get up and help Mitchell. But I was very lightheaded and at the top of the stairs I must have momentarily blacked out because the next thing I remember is falling down (on my arse thank goodness) and trying to stop myself along the way. OMG it was SO scary but I was SO lucky to not fall face first. You could say it was a pretty bad start to the day.
 
So there's not much else to do but stay in bed until you cant lie there any more and then take up residence on the sofa with the crosswords and daytime TV. I felt pretty crappy all day. No training and I ate very little of course.
 
What I forgot to blog yesterday was that I managed 2 training sessions. I did an early morning run of about 30 minutes and then later in the morning I trained legs. After a week and a half off, the training was quite tough but I pushed through it. So not only was I dealing with this tummy bug but I have DOMS in my glutes. I guess that answers my question about whether my static lunges are effective.
 
Off to bed for an early night as I'm still not feeling great. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day.
 
M

3 comments:

  1. Cast iron stomach there Magda! You are tough :-) Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Magda! Lucky you didn't hurt yourself! Take care and stay put xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Pip I'm lucky with that and fortunately I don't get sick often.

    I broke a nail :-( and banged my forearms around a bit but that's all. Hate to think what would have happened if I'd gone down face first. God must have been looking out for me.

    ReplyDelete