Thursday, September 1, 2011

CONFIDENCE

I love it when a Blogger puts up a challenge for other Bloggers to tackle a particular topic. Bloggers block is a common problem for me so having the bait thrown by Liz here is just what I need to inspire me to write differently to my usual lots to say about nothing LOL.

So on the topic od CONFIDENCE I can say unequivocably that throughtout life I have suffered a severe lack of it. I can remember from a really early age, my mum constantly drumming into me that I was smart, that I could do X, Y or Z or other statements of positive reinforcement. You see, I REALLY did lack confidence in just about everything.

Fast forward to 40 something years later and I can say its improved, but not by that much. I still lack confidence in many areas: work, study, being informed on world issues and many other academic and personal matters. I'm not confident with IT, or AV technology (I look at the 5 or 6 remotes we have, I know there's a sequence of about 4 or 5 buttons that need to be pressed in a certain order just to get Foxtel on and I choose to not watch TV - SERIOUSLY!!!).

But enough of the "I lack confidence in..." as this should be about what I DO have confidence in. So as of recently I developed confidence in myself working out how to break my binge cycles. I became confident in my ability to listen to myself and trust myself in making my food choices and not having to follow plans that others had given me. With each passing day of achieving my mini goals, my confidence grew and the ground I was covering became less scary and a level of comfort was developing. Its been great to experience the change on both the physical level and on the emotional one too.

I'm also confident that the lifestyle choices I've made will keep me fit and healthy into my older years. Sure, there is always the chance that God will deal a nasty, unexpected blow but if that did happen I'd be pretty safe in the knowledge that my choices did not bring it on. Sometimes its just downright bad luck for some.

Finally I'm pretty confident that when I do tackle something I give it my best go. Half arsed just doesnt cut it in my book. Hence my goals to compete and run a half marathon were testaments to that belief. Both were BLOODY hard but I refused to let them beat me. And of that and the above, I guess I'm pretty proud :-)

M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Magda, I have to admit being a bit flummoxed by what to do with our remotes (I put it down it it being a boy thing) - it's great to see you blogging about this - one of your strengths is that you write in a very relatable way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. Oh and I'd give anything to go back to the days when watching TV meant pressing one button to turn it on and one to pick a channell.

    ReplyDelete