Monday, September 12, 2011

SHARING MY AWESOMENESS

Feeling awesome this week. I've changed my lunch menu and I'm not scrounging for sweets or chips to fill an unsatisfied hole. I've grabbed the work bull by the horns and once I finish blogging (LOL) I'll be right back to the grindstone with at least two more jobs to be crossed off my list for today.

I've appreciated a couple of days spent at base camp and realise that its not the end of the world, that it doesnt make me a monumental failure nor will I gain 5 kilos instantly that I'll then struggle to lose again. Perhaps its just a time to reflect on where I've come from and remind myself how far I've come. The trick is to accept it and move on ....  no regrets, no beating myself up just get back on the horse and ride again. And thats how I feel today. Oh and the size 11 non-stretch jeans still fit :-)

On a less happy note though, Peter has confirmed gastro and will be off work until Thursday (maybe). His birthday dinner on Wednesday is looking doubtful and I'll postpone making his favourite cheesecake. So Wednesday might be a quiet affair at home with him eating toast if he doesnt stop excreting everything urgently LOL. Poor chook. He couldnt have timed this any worse than for his birthday.

So I better mosey off and get cracking back to my to do list. Until next post, cheerio guys.

M

2 comments:

  1. Excellent :) Hope Peter is feeling better by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz,

    he's better already. I think he'll make it to work tomorrow which means there's a good chance we'll go out to dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete