Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SHARING POSITIVE STUFF

So its been a little while between posts. Just really busy with stuff both over the weekend and obviously at work. Stealing a few minutes now in case the opportunity doesnt present itself again for some time.

I've always been a really honest, put it out there blogger. When I struggled with binge eating, I shared all those downs. When I struggled with my scale weight I didnt hold back on that either. When my life was a rollercoaster of the diet/binge cycle I shared my ups and downs always believing firmly that I was doing the right thing even if the right thing wasnt doing right by me.

Well its time to share some really positive stuff now and try to explain it.

I no longer have a love/hate (mainly hate) relationship with the Metal Monster. Not just beacuse I like the number looking up at me but because my happiness and well-being is not dependent on it. Yes I have checked in lately and have been very pleasantly surprised to see the number drop into the 63s. But I was just as happy when it was in the 65s. And if it went back to the 65s would I have a meltdown and stuff myself silly with as much crap as I could get my hands on? Maybe LOL ..... no I actually doubt I would. 

My body is changing in a positive way and I'm not flogging myself with killer training sessions for this to happen. I will say though that I totally believe Bikram yoga is for me. It is hard, there's no denying it, but a very different hard to running or lifting heavy iron. I've had several compliments from people at work and I like that. Last night's Bikram class was the best so far. The instructor was awesome in her ability to get that little extra from me and for the first time I totally got the 100% connection with what Bikram is about.

Food wise, well what can I say? I regularly drink wine (sometimes too much), eat cake, drink cappuccinos, eat bread (daily) and I never shun oily fish or other good fats. I also eat a lot of unprocessed natural food and I rarely eat a big dinner (but have been known to if we are out and the food is superb). If you had said to me 6 months ago that I could do this and weigh less than I did when I was always trying to eat clean (but was binging a lot), I would have smiled politely at you and thought to myself "you have no bloody idea what you're talking about." How wrong was I??

I think there comes a time when you just have to question if what you're doing is right for you? How does it make you feel? Is it allowing you to live your best life? And if its not, then there needs to be a leap of faith to do different. I knew deep down that for me that wasnt another diet, another training program with another PT or any one of the revolutionary fat loss programs that are availble out there. I had to trust myself to try something different and believe it was right for me.

The rest is history.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Magda and today I can agree and say I myself am in a positive place, and finally starting down this path...

    Last night the negative feelings flowed through, I survived and a slight EE, which this morning I think was more hunger.

    I love to see you so happy Magda with your body, your weight and your life. You really deserve it Magda, you really do!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, so happy for you. Oh, and I'm coming to Adelaide end of May next year, so hope you're free for what I daresay will be a long long catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great news from you Kristy. I hope you are able to build on those positive feelings and go from strength to strength on your own journey.

    Sandra thats great to hear. I really look forward to meeting you and having that long long chat :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very uplifting to read such a great post Magda - though I like you just the same when things aren't great - but here's to happy sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Liz. Friends thru the good and the bad :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete