Saturday, September 10, 2011

OVERNIGHT TRANSFORMATION - GROWING BALLS

So yesterday I had a damned good go at breaking the world record for food consumed in an afternoon. Today I had a bit of a chuckle about it (seriously) and am getting on with life as I normally know it. I will say though that before I went to bed I decided that today and from here on would be different - sort of like before - only better.

What needed to change? Well I needed to grow some balls!!! SERIOUSLY!!

I needed to grow some balls (or toughen up), grab my opportunities by the balls and really give them everything I've got. And that is how I woke up this morning. No more doubts and insecurities. In their place is confidence to get going and nail the things that have been challenging me - beating the binging and nailing my stint as Acting Director.

Nobody ever achieved greatness by cowering in the corner riddled with self doubt and lack of confidence. Its time to leave that behind and power on forward. And just in case it doesnt all go 100% as I imagine, I'll just fake it til I make it coz thats still better than where I was yesterday.

So folks, watch this space as I take on these two challenges. For one I'm well equipped as I've had a big run of success already, for the other I have the training, the brains and the determination to get it right so let the good times roll.

M

PS This is NOT alcohol talking tonight. This is me posting from the heart after another aha moment and wake up call.

2 comments:

  1. You'll do fine Magda - good luck and get out there girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. The attitude change was well overdue :-)

    ReplyDelete