Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AMAZING THE DIFFERENCE A GOOD SLEEP MAKES

Thank you to Kek, Liz, Sandra, Mich and FB friends Shelley, Kristy and Hilary for your your supportive comments, acceptance and helpful suggestions. I think yesterday was the culmination of a lack of sleep going back to last week where on 2 nights I was awake for several hours. Despite sleeping through for a couple of nights after that and thinking I was rested after the weekend, things couldnt have been further from the truth. Last night I had an awesome sleep, hit snooze at 4.50 and slept for another 15 minutes and then woke up feeling invincible (well almost).

Today was just as stressful, full-on and challenging but I easily kept a smile on my face most of the time. All due to being well rested, I'm sure. There are a couple of other issues at play but not ready to blog them yet. Things may sort themselves out, fingers crossed.

Eating was ok today. We had a lunch out to farewell my colleague Miss R who is going off to have baby #2. It was such a disappointing meal though. Since when does a tablespoon of coleslaw (and nothing else) constitute a salad.??!! (I had ordered salt and pepper squid with salad and chips knowing that I usually eat the salad and leave the chips.) Because my satisfaction rating was very low, I did have a biscuit after lunch (didnt need it but felt cheated with the poor meal at the pub) but kept things in check after that. Again, lots of positive self talk and just coaching myself to get through the next 5 minutes, 10 minutes, oh look I'm going home in half an hour speak.

Today Peter and I were exchanging emails about various things including work and he suggested that at the end of my acting stint perhaps a nice treat would be in order. I said that sounded great and was envisaging a leisurely cruise around the Greek Islands, daily visits to the Beauty and Health Spa, maybe Dom Perignon for breakfast. Funny .... thats not what he was envisaging. Reality check: I'm covering for my Director for 3 weeks not the Prime Minister of Australia.

:-) M

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a better day.

    LOL - sometimes we're so far out of synch with our other halves, it's ridiculous. Keep working on him - the Greek Islands sounds good to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of a tropical island in the Bahamas ;).

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiji is my idea of a great break away :)

    Isn't amazing what a good nights sleep can do. I have to remember that one myself :)

    I hate being disappointed when I pay for a meal out, good job on just one biscuit, no biggie at all :)

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO - I love your reality check, Magda...how about a day at a spa? You can drift away in your imagination...
    Glad to see you're in a better space.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kek, we've been together so long we usually know exactly what the other is thinking but he was way wrong on this one.

    or the Maldives SS :-)

    Kristy, I loved Fiji too but the Greek Islands are on my bucket list.

    You read my mind Sandra. I'm planning a leave day with a massage, a Bikram yoga session, lunch out (dont care if its on my own)and time to do nothing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete