Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SHOW DAY LAST FRIDAY

After yesterday's revelation of my current challenges and fears which incidentally do niggle away at me, I've decided to keep today light and happy. After all there is still a good balance of this in my life and for this I'm truly grateful.

On Friday I took my boy to the Royal Adelaide Show which was just awesome. The weather was superb, the rides were fun, the sideshow games were a rip off, the animals were interesting and the food didnt disappoint LOL. I dont know how many times I avoided going to the The Show because I was dieting and the food would have been too tempting and it was all off limits. Now I say "fuck it. If I really want it, I'll have it." And I did. It was a great day out and here is my photographic evidence.

On the ferris wheel. Our favourite ride.



Alpacas. My favourite animals.



A typical 9 year old boy's photo face LOL.


OK Mum, here's a smile. Happy now?



There's that face again.




Just for you Mum.



What you do while waiting for the attractions to start ..... cats bums.



Thats all folks.

7 comments:

  1. Great photos Magda, it is lovely to see you and your son had a great day and you truly look so happy Magda... Isn't it great to just start living life! I can't wait until I sort out a few things...

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such happiness in these photos :) and your boy is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shelley and Kristy, days like that remind you of whats important - and its NOT that bit of cellulite that sits on your thighs or the extra bit of cake you had because it was just so bloody tasty LOL.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun with our kids - something that should be seen as a priority and not put on hold until we have time for it.
    Agree with the others, what a cutie he is!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely mother & son day - I love those! :)

    I'm trying to imagine what kind of food at the Show would be tempting...I can't think of anything. Fairy floss? Yuk. Soggy hamburgers and hot dogs? Yuk.

    Ooh, I know! Chocolate show bags....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Sandra I wont get time off in the next school holidays so this was our special day and we didnt need to share it with anyone else :-)

    Ah Kerry - Show food. I had a Golden North ice cream and a vegetarian salad (pretty good for premade). I bought cinnamon donuts and had one with coffee after and Peter scoffed 2 after dinner and was as happy as :-) And I too love my mother & son days and am making the most of them before he refuses to be seen in public with me LOL.

    Sure was Liz :-)

    ReplyDelete