Sunday, November 27, 2011

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY

What an awesome day starting with a sleep in :-) meaning no Bikram yoga :-( but replaced with a 52 minute walk as fast as I could manage :-) The weather was glorious for it too.

This was followed up with a quick baking of Anzac biscuits to take for sharing after our boy's strings concert in the afternoon. After a shower and hair wash I took myself out to buy fresh bread and enjoyed a coffee and a late breakfast of raisin toast at my favourite cafe. A quick read of the paper just set the morning off beautifully :-)

After the troops had their lunch we got ourselves organised and headed off to school for the end of year strings concert. My boy played a solo (beautifully, I thought) and we were all really proud of him (my parents and aunty all came to watch). A quick afternoon tea at school and then a coffee and biscuit stop over on the way home meant I ate a bit more than I intended but I decided to just go with the flow :-)

Peter and I got to work at home baking a carrot cake for the grand final Movember bake off seeing as he won his round earlier making the best banana cake. He did the work, I just helped with some of the prep. Then we had a relaxing wine in our outdoor area before cooking up a BBQ for dinner :-)

Sadly the day finished with a plethora of jobs like making lunches, folding washing and cooking chili con carne for tomorrow night's dinner but hey, you gotta take the bad with the good. At least I'll go to bed shortly knowing that bar a couple of morning chores, I'm organised for the week :-)

I hope you had a good weekend too and that you have a great week ahead.

Cheers all

:-) M

2 comments:

  1. Ahh the bitter-sweetness of Sunday evenings, Magda...I don't enjoy the prep that comes with getting ready for the week ahead, but boy am I grateful I put in the time when things get crazy-busy (as they are bound to do mid-week)
    Sounds like your boy did really well, and it's always so special when grans and aunties come along...he is obviously very loved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra I hate Sunday evenings even more than Monday mornings LOL. And after 4 glorious days off, work was a rude, rude shock to the system today :-(

    ReplyDelete