Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS - MY TAKE

In this recent post Liz wrote about new beginnings and making some minor changes to her routine. I'm not familiar with the Christian calendar and Advent but I like the idea that the new beginnings would start in the last month of the year. It has a quirky appeal. New year's resolutions and the whole idea of starting fresh and doing things differently on the first day of the year just doesnt wash with me. For many, resolutions last a few days (if you're lucky) and are then forgotten.

Although work has been really busy with a major deadline (today) thrown at us late last week, in my spare time (LOL) I've been thinking about change, personal transformation and development. I want to move forward, to evolve and change but right now I'm not seeing my way to do this. My thoughts are frantic and muddled. I'm reacting badly to work pressure and the (life/emotional) balance has tipped over and I'm trying to put it back together.

Maybe I just need to sit and breathe, still the chaos in my head so that my heart can be heard. Maybe I need to facilitate the reconnection despite all that goes on around me. At the end of the day I know that everything I'm looking for is already within me, I just need to allow it to surface.

M

2 comments:

  1. Magda, I have similar issues at times with feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope. It's never fun, and can be quite hard to manage. As well as the practical side of things (sleep, good nutrition, exercise, blah, blah), I'm starting to work meditation into my days. Tomorrow's blog post might interest you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kek, I keep thinking about meditation but can't seem to make the time to do it (note I didn't say "I don't have the time" because I know it's up to me as to what I choose to do with my time). Thanks for sharing and helping me to feel not so alone in my dilemma.

    ReplyDelete