Thursday, November 24, 2011

SACRED ME TIME

Today was Day 1 of 2 days of sacred me-time. This is my treat to myself for working so hard through October and I've planned it well to make it really worthwhile.

After dropping my boy at school and having a coffee with Peter before he went to work, I took myself off to the 9.30 Bikram yoga class. That will be 3 sessions since Sunday, a record for me so far. After BY it was a quick dash for a 1 hour full body sports massage. I have a real love/hate with sports massages. My God they hurt like hell but they are soooooo good.

I followed this up with a nice lunch out .... and yes I was on my own. I went to one of my favourite local eateries and ordered the spaghetti marinara which they make to an exceptional standard. I teamed it with a glass of Scarpantoni School Block and I was one happy camper.

Then it was off for a spa pedicure to address my long raggedy toenails, dry cracked heels and neglected feet. I now have beautiful soft feet with nice dark red nails. I feel all glam LOL. After that it was time to pick my boy up from school and we went shopping for a friend's birthday present. Oh that was after ice cream and chai tea at Cibo.

It has been a fantastic day, one that I enjoyed immensely and tomorrow I spend my me-time with my mum which will also be great. I truly believe that we all need some decent self pampering at times just because it feels so good. Nourish the soul and it will serve you well. Neglect it and expect to fight a lot of internal battles.

M

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day, Magda...I love indulging in some pampering from time to time...and dark red toe nails...you're singing my song!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra I love sexy red toenails and they were well overdue considering the nice weather we've been having.

    It sure was Charlotte.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely Magda :)

    ReplyDelete