Friday, November 25, 2011

SACRED ME TIME - PART 2

Today's sacred me-time started with getting up before I wanted to :-( But this meant I got in a 40 minute walk, in the drizzle before embarking on the day's activities.

After a shower and breakfast, I headed out to pick up my Mum to take her to do her Christmas shopping. We started with the obligatory coffee at Cibo and planned our shopping expedition. By lunch time it was all done :-) so we enjoyed a leisurely meal at a nice cafe. I'm so proud of Mum making the necessary dietary changes to help her lose weight and manage her diabetes. Even though it wasnt on the menu, she wanted grilled fish with a side salad and no chips. I had a lamb salad and because our meals were quite healthy there was a guilt-free glass of wine to be had as well. Naturally we had a lovely chat over the course of the day.

Seeing as it was a long(ish) drive home we set off after lunch giving me a little down time before picking my boy up from school. The day just went so fast :-) :-( (feeling good about that but a little sad too) but I really enjoyed it. I am SO grateful that I still have my wonderful Mum and that she is in good enough health to spend a day trawling a Westfield LOL.

This is Mum holding my little niece taken about a year ago.


On that note I shall sign off and sneak in an early night as I'm quite tired but regardless, I'm feeling absolutely awesome and looking forward to a great weekend. Hope your's is good too.

:-) M

No comments:

Post a Comment