Saturday, November 26, 2011

A DINNER TREAT OUT TONIGHT

After a week of mindful healthy and lean eating its nice to go out and enjoy a bit of a treat. We had a funny dinner conversation during the week when our 9 year old declared that he liked going out to dinner and didn't want to eat at home every night of the year. Peter and I looked at each other bewildered by his declaration wondering "where did THAT come from?" but decided that yes it had been a while since we had eaten out as a family.

So tonight we went to a local Greek restaurant (that happened to win a significant award lately). Oh my I LOVE Greek food. We shared a mixed platter of meat and seafood dishes served with rice, chips (didn't waste any room on those) and Greek salad. It was devine and because we hadn't filled up on dips and pita bread first, I treated myself to dessert tonight and had a galaktobureko (Greek custard in filo pastry). YUMMO!!!

Now I feel all fueled up to walk to and from Bikram yoga as well as doing the 90 minute class (no mean feat, I tell you). Oh and let's not forget that this "treat" puts me in a good psychological space for another week of healthy, lean eating.

Feeling great. Looking good. Loving life.

:-) M

3 comments:

  1. Go you! Sounds like a lovely weekend.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well you've been told! The boy knows what he wants :) My two love going out to dinner together, although we really don't manage it that often either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend, thanks Sandra :-)

    Yes Frankie, the boy knows what he wants LOL. He may not be my biological child but my influence is written all over him :-)

    ReplyDelete