Friday, November 11, 2011

AWESOMENESS AND PROGRESS

Tuesday night's Bikram experience is well and truly behind me now and I'm pretty pleased to say that my awesomeness has well and truly returned. Work is full -on and next week will continue to be chaotic. We have a busy weekend ahead and me-time will be limited and precious. But despite this I am feeling great and I know it will continue this way.

After Bikram I had a moderate - well almost non-existent - training day on Wednesday. I walked 34 minutes to meet a couple of friends for breakfast before work. I deserved a rest. Yesterday I fought the "Oh I dont feel like it Monster" and did my usual leg training session: 3 x 12 squats; 3 x 12 static lunges; 3 x 12 straight leg dead lifts and 3 x 12 wide legged squats. I started this routine back in April or May when I was still running and having all sorts of leg pains and problems. I started with the piddliest weights you could imagine (a 10kg bar for the squats and deads and my bright green 2kg bumbbells for the lunges - it was laughable and embarrassing). But my goal was to focus on technique, not heavy weights and to increase my weights slightly each week. For a few weeks now I've been squatting 32.5kgs, deadlifting 30kgs and lunging with 10-11kg dumbbells. I'm not ready to go heavier as I'm noticing my technique is suffering but by gosh I get DOMS every time I do this training (which is weekly - come hell or high water).

Today's training was a 50 minute walk to "complement" the home-made pizza we had for dinner at mum and dad's last night. Mum will be seeing a dietician soon and I've asked to attend that appointment with her. I want to understand her condition and what she needs to do to manage it. And yes I admit, I hope to get a bit out of it for myself as well.

But now its time to say good night. Beauty sleep (and lots of it) are in order. Til next time folks.

XX M

No comments:

Post a Comment