Monday, November 21, 2011

GOOD HABITS

Operation Shedding the Spread is underway and I swear even after just 1 day of eating really well and doing a decent training session, I feel infinitely better and slimmer already LOL. Which goes to show, its not about the scale number or how many centimetres the tape measure is showing (geez I havent done that for ages) but more about the good habits that you string together over a day, a week or the months that have the feel-good effect. This effect then translates into carrying yourself better through better posture which has the effect of making you look slimmer. And so the positive spiral continues.

Its nice to have a dose of leg DOMS tonight which means it should be a little worse tomorrow - proof that the bit of leg training I aim for weekly is still effective. I think I'm also feeling some effect from yesterday's Bikram yoga because last week I was totally slack and blew off all my weight training. You know when I go off the rails, I REALLY go off the rails. No point doing things by halves LOL.

Oh and on a completely different note I must confess my latest obsession ....

mary

Isnt she just so beautiful, elegant and classy. I'm in awe.

:-) M

4 comments:

  1. Hey Magda - sharing in your leg DOMS all the way from here...did my usual Pump class on Sunday and decided to "challenge" myself by upping the weights...only I forgot the fact that I would most likely feel like my legs were made of lead for the next few days :-)

    I love Mary, too. She has come a long way from the Aussie girl who met the Prince all those years ago, and she's had lots of help...her clothes are really up my alley. Love love love her style.
    I saw a snippet of footage last night of her meeting some kiddies and I must admit I found her a little bit "over the top" - can't pin-point it, but she seemed a little contrived in the way she greeted and reacted to the little girls giving her flowers...but that's just me. Otherwise she's utterly gorgeous and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, I have DOMS in my neck, abs, back, hips, legs ... you name it. Its not too bad though and getting in a couple more Bikram yoga classes will certainly help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I was just thinking this morning about how now my legs are feeling better, all of a sudden it appears my triceps are screaming out every time I try to move my arms...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh arm DOMS kills. I usually get it worse in my biceps. Chest also suffers badly but I haven't done any upper body weights for a while now.

    ReplyDelete