Sunday, November 20, 2011

SHEDDING THE SPREAD

I sit here on a Sunday night after an awesome weekend. Ive had 3 fantastic days of feeling calm, balanced and knowing that I'm not at risk of falling into the pit of despair again (well not for a while anyway LOL).

Admittedly my jeans felt a bit tight on Saturday morning but I knew that would be expected. Their tightness wont last long, I know that too. On Saturday night we had a group of friends and family over for an (early) Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to wear something nicer than jeans and it was a coolish night so I put on my black stretch pants (made from a very thick fabric with good hold). I teamed them with my black top from Rayure (bought in Singapore this year) which is also very body hugging. I looked at myself in the full length mirror and apart from my waist being a bit thicker than I'd like, I was quite happy with how I looked. (Luckily my frame and general body shape means I can carry some extra kilos and still look good.) My BFF even commented at one stage "have you lost weight? You look like you've lost weight." LOL LOL LOL.

But this morning at Bikram yoga I noticed that my middle definitely has the miggle-aged-spread happening and I decided that its gotta go. I've bought the most gorgeous figure hugging dress for Christmas Day and bugger me if I'm going to look like an overstuffed sausage in it. So over the next 5 weeks I'm planning to be a little more mindful with my food, my portions and my treats. I know I dont need to follow any wierd-arse strict diet, just be a little more careful with food and consistent with training.

I'm not even getting all hung up with the scale number. Its more about how I look and feel rather than shooting for a magical number. I know I can do this and remain sane throughout the process. I'm not into before and after pics but I promise to show off my dress in photos taken on Christmas Day.

So on that note I need an early night in readiness for a leg/abs  training session tomorrow morning. Bring it on, i say.

:-) M

7 comments:

  1. I bet you looked lovely Magda and will look lovely on Christmas Day too. I know where you're coming from - you just want to look your best and approach it with a healthy balanced perspective. Go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a pretty cute dress for Christmas lined up too! Let's share photos...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz and yes you're spot on. I tell you, when God handed out vanity, I was well and truly near the front of that line LOL.

    Sandra, you're on. Less than 5 weeks now and I'm really looking forward to it :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great plan Magda, I love the sound of a cute dress for Christmas day too. Cant believe its only 5 weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the scale number. Haven't been on them for months and have no intention of doing so any time soon. I like having a nice dress to wear on Christmas Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Hilary. Less than 5 weeks now but in the meantime you have a baby to birth :-)

    Charlotte, I get on every now and then just to confirm that my estimation is correct. I'm usually within 1kg of my instinct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds excactly like my current perspective Magda. I wish you all the best with it. I'm always within a kilo of my estimation as well with the scales. I was 4.2kg down within just over 2 weeks so I discovered this morning when having a quick check but I did bust my arse on the training front last week.

    ReplyDelete