Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WEEK 1 OVER RED ROVER

As my title suggests, tonight marks the end of week 1 of 10 weeks where I'm focussing on fat loss through a more structured approach. Is it a diet? Some would say yes, but it depends on your definition of that word and also whether you approcah it as a short-term fix (you know, this is what I have to do now but I cant wait for it to be over) vs a shift to a lifestyle that is more in tune with healthy foods, moderation of treats and regular exercise. I dont have problems with the healthy foods or exercise but keeping my treats in moderation has been my downfall in the past. I'm now being a lot more aware of how much I have and when it looks to be getting excessive its stopped.

Interestingly, day 7 has been a hungry, hungry hippo day and I've eaten a lot more than usual but kept it all fairly lean, clean and healthy. I couldnt have survived on less with a busy schedule of work then uni with a trial exam question being done in tonight's lecture. For my brain to work optimally, it needs to be well fed and watered so I was just ticking those boxes.

Exercise has been consistent over the week including 1 Bikram yoga session, 1 upper body weights and 5 walks. Tomorrow is leg day to balance it all out. And tomorrow is my first meeting with the Metal Monster and Centimetre Counter to gauge my progress. Irrespective of what the numbers say, I'm feeling lighter and mentally in a much better space and thats what really matters. I'll post my results regardless so make sure you come back for that rivetting news LOL.

Good night all

M

2 comments:

  1. Great job Magda on an 'on track' week!

    I'm up to day 10 of mine,.........quite surprised at how focussed I'm currently being with training and food choices. A couple of external challenges at the moment, - but finding time to get my nutrition course completed and the assessments sent away is a concern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing you Pip. Up to the 30th of April I'll need another 3-4 hours in every day to fit all my stuff in. Bring on the end of the accounting exam.

    ReplyDelete