Saturday, April 14, 2012

SATURDAY CHALLENGE

Today was a pretty typical Saturday for me. I did an hour long walk at a cracking pace in what was glorious weather. You couldnt get the day off to a better start :-) Breakfast was poached eggs on a wholemeal muffin which keeps me going to a late lunch. I took my boy to his ice skating lesson and watched and waited with nerves on edge as he was assessed to pass this level. He made it but only thanks to the exemplary patience of his instructor who kept working with him until he could nail the final move. I was so relieved as it breaks my heart to see him disappointed and in tears.

One of my challenges now is to find a suitable lunch option for Saturdays when I'm out and about. I like to go to my favourite cafe because they have some healthy options that I can have with a goji berry flavoured green tea but often the cafe is chocka block full and I have to go elsewhere. My second favourite cafe is not as good with healthy options but today I settled for a chicken breast and salad wrap. The chicken was good, the salad was scant (I'm talking a lettuce leaf and 4-5 small strips of roasted capsicum :-( and I ate half the bread wrap and left the rest. It was a meal I wouldnt look forward to again.

I'm still wearing my fat nanna jeans which are cheap and look it but hopefully it wont be long before my nice Mavis fit again. They were an excellent purchase as they have a bit of elastic in the denim and are therefore forgiving when a few kilos creep on. My skinny jeans are but a pipedream at the moment but wont be forever.

So cruising along nicely so far and already feeling better for it :-)

Good night all

M



2 comments:

  1. Hasn't the weather been beautiful the last few days? Love starting the day with a walk in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, my walk is normally in the dark but on weekends I take advantage of the sunshine and daylight. Its such an uplifting start to the day.

    ReplyDelete