Monday, April 9, 2012

THE HOT CROSS BUN AND 2 KILO SHUFFLE

Aaah Easter, the choc-a-holics utopia and the hot cross bun lovers downfall. I honestly dont know which is better - or worse for that matter. Personally, I'm not into chocolate (I know tha'ts hard to believe but believe me, I have my other vices) and have had a couple of Haighs mini eggs and thats it. But when it comes to the buns, oh my lord, resistance is useless.

Normally I'd be lamenting my overindulgence and planning my next diet to counteract the damage but instead I'm admitting that I love hot cross buns and I've eaten too many of them. I'm not beating myself up for it beacuse I REALLY enjoyed them but tomorrow its time to say 'ENOUGH' and get back to a healthier style of eating. My plan is to avoid the 3 things I've ODed on over Easter: sugar, white flour and butter. Not sure how long but the longer the better to balance out the Easter indulgences.

So why the 'shuffle' in my blog title? Well it really was a case of shuffling those buns (about 2-3 every day) under the griller, under the butter knife and down the hatch. As for the 2 kilos, my educated guess is that would be the increase in scale weight from the carb and fat overload. So a little balancing now wont go astray.

On the positive side, I exercised every day. I renewed my Bikram yoga membership with another 10 class pass and did a practice on Friday, Saturday and today. It was fantastic. I got up early and did the 7.45am class which meant I still had the whole day free (as opposed to going at 9.30 and kissing an entire morning good-bye). On Saturday I thought I needed to do an extra walk (because a 90 minute BY class isnt enough, you know). But my legs were so tired in the afternoon, I realised that it wasnt necessary at all to do the walk. I did walk on Sunday morning after the Easter egg hunt was over :-) I am so inspired by the yogi teachers who just look so fantastic. Today the lovely Miss Linda wore a crop top to teach the class and my, does she have an amazing torso and beautiful abs. I was in awe as she normally covers up but even then looks pretty amazing.

Tomorrow is a day off work for me and a day where healthy eating will be my number one goal. Peter reminded me that we are now 10 weeks (and a few days) from our mid-year holiday and if I dont get crackin on my (subtle) weight loss plan then all the clothes I'm planning to wear on the cruise will not fit and I'll be DEpressed. Yes its time to shut up, take action and get back on with it.

Cheers all

M

2 comments: