Tuesday, April 3, 2012

RETURN TO BIKRAM AND ACCOUNTING STRUGGLES

Oops, its almost been a week since I blogged. It must have been a busy weekend but from memory it was certainly a good one.

True to my last post, I have been focussed on quality foods in moderate portions, even enjoying feeling hungry coming up to meal times. Just in case you're wondering what the big deal is about that - trust me, grazing all day (otherwise known as mindless eating to excess) means no hunger for meals. You eat them because its time and you dont want to confess to your overeating so you eat when you're not hungry.

But thats not been the case lately and it felt fantastic to wake on Monday morning feeling lighter (literally) and not weighed down by the weekend's bad choices. It also felt great to NOT be contemplating the next plan of attack for losing the weekend's excesses and just  enjoy looking forward to whatever yummy food was planned for the day.

I took the plunge on Sunday and went back to Bikram yoga after a break of several weeks. As I fell into depression in February/March and felt more and more self conscious about how I looked, I decided to give Bikram a rest. But admittedly, I had missed it and decided now was a good time to go back as I could clock up some extra classes over Easter and my trimester break from uni. Oh my, did I feel it as I attempted some of the more difficult poses but overall I was happy with my effort. I pulled up a little sore the next day but not too bad, giving me some comfort that my muscles arent totally dormant LOL.

So, life is pretty good but I am struggling with this part of my accounting course (we're onto managment accounting now having finished the financial accounting component a few weeks ago) For some reason the concepts and philosophies just arent computing. I read reams and reams of information and 1% sinks in. I attempt the practice questions and they either take a ridiculously long time to work out or I get them totally wrong or even worse ... BOTH. I take notes at the lecture and 'get it', then a week later I look at my notes to help me tackle another question and stare at them not getting it. GRRRRRR. I've emailed my lecturer with a big SOS. I dread being the first student to score a 90% for the mid-trimester test only to fail the end of trimester exam :-(

Cheers all

M

3 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself, Magda - accounting is TOUGH. The more tricky concepts are too much for my brain to handle. O_o

    Aslo - it's so boring it makes me want to poke my own eyes out rather than read another word of it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a comment yesterday but I must have forgotten to "prove I was not a robot"...lol
    I'm with Kek, accounting is dull and boring but if you have no choice but to do it, try not to stress.

    Good work on getting the diet side of things back on track (you know I don't mean diet as in restrictive etc just the true meaning of diet - what you eat)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kek, even our lecturer admitted that when he cant sleep he gets out the accounting standards to read and problem solvered. I must be wierd because I dont mind it. I just get frustrated when the penny doesnt drop quickly.

    Yes the accounting subject is part of the grad cert but its not that bad Sandra. The good thing is, I know what I have to do to get on top of it - its just more effort into the course.

    M

    ReplyDelete