Friday, April 13, 2012

FRIDAY 13TH: ARE YOU FEELING LUCKY PUNK?

Well actually I am :-)

Friday evening (and in fact Saturday and Sunday evenings too) has become a bit of a downfall for me lately. The wine gets opened, the nibbles go out and all sense of moderation and being disciplined goes out the window as I enjoy, to excess, the lovely goodies on offer. I USED TO limit myself to a few chilli garlic olives and peanuts in their shells but lately its become a bit of a free for all overindulgence which is then followed by dinner.

I know this has to change if I want to get my weight back down so tonight I set a mental limit to the both the wine and the nibbles I'd have. I dont want to cut them out, but I need to be smarter about both. And I stuck to my limit and the earth didnt stop turning, nor was the mood of the evening totally destroyed and life stayed good for all those affected (namely ME LOL). And as a Friday night first in our household we LEFT SOME WINE IN THE BOTTLE for tomorrow night - GASP!!!!

I know its very early days and all these changes have to become permanent habits but at least I've taken some positive steps in the right direction and I'm no longer kidding myself that what I was doing before was all ok and I'd miraculously lose 3, 4, 5 or more kilos just like that.

We have a quiet, relaxing weekend at home coming up. I'll do the usual Saturday routine of exercise/ice skating lesson/shopping etc and some study on Sunday but the evenings are free to kick back and chill out. PERFECT!!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment