Monday, April 16, 2012

DAY 5 OF 70

There is nothing more disappointing than an impromptu treat that turns out to be crap.

Yesterday's plans were thrown into disarray when I realised that a planned trip to the movies would require a 30+ minute drive as opposed to a 5 minute walk. The realisation was made just as I was about to organise my lunch so lunch got abandoned, I grabbed some fruit and  almonds and we headed off.

After the movie and lunch of a pear and some almonds we went for a coffee and the usual cake but it was an unfamiliar cafe. Their coffee was good but in an effort to keep my 'cake' moderate but still enjoy something as I'd had no real lunch, I chose a fruit scone. I dont know how stale it was but it was served microwaved with butter on the side. Bleeeeeuuh. It was awful. Stodgy, doughy and tasteless :-( I ate about half and left the rest disappointed. Never again. I should have stuck to my guns, gone to familiar cafe and had some almond bread which is always a safe bet.

Otherwise its now day 5 and I'm cruising nicely just being aware of balancing treats including wine and less clean foods and watching portion sizes all around. Thats not to say that this week wont be challenging with my son's birthday today and a lot of social activity coming up from Thursday. Balance. Moderation. Exercise. Should see me survive it all ok.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment