Thursday, February 2, 2012

FEB GOALS

Hi all,

well here we are in February already and my uni course kicked off last night. Fortunately our lecturer is passionate, charismatic and engaging so 12 weeks of 'Accounting for Managers' will not be anywhere near as bad as you'd expect. Phew!!

Having said that I made a bad error when reading the uni information last year. I was SURE that this module kicked off in mid Feb (its actually the other one that does this), giving me time to complete my project and presentation from last year's course (due mid Feb). So right now I've got a double load of uni work. My propject/presentation still needs a fair bit of work and I've just had the rudest shock about the amount of pre-reading and trial questions required each week for the new course. Of course I had read about it but its not until you come to fit it into your busy life that you go 'gasp, this is FULL ON'.

So its been a few nights of working late and it aint over yet - not to mention giving up a few more Sundays. I'll be breathing a little easier after Feb 16th though :-). Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just taking a bit of time to adjust to a new routine and new expectations - my own and that of uni as well.

So I had BIG plans for Feb with lots of motivation to ramp up my nutrition and fitness. I've been re-reading Tosca Reno's 'Eat Clean Diet'  and was pretty keen to dive into this lifestyle (again). Training too was going to be tweaked and ramped up with some long term goals in mind. But this week reality has hit and I've had to lower my expectations and scale back my plans. here is a bit of an outline of what i'm shooting for now:

A 30 minute workout on 6 out of 7 days each week. This means breaking some of my weight training into 2 sessions. This plan allows me to sleep a little later (important as I'm going to bed later) but still get some exercise in.

Nutrition will continue as is which is about 80% clean but not strictly so. I will NEVER give up my skim cappuccinos nor a few glasses of wine on the weekends. My favourite cafe also stocks some very nice sugar free bars (Artisan cereal bars) which I enjoy with a coffee on weekends.

However, the MOST important thing is to remain binge-free and I tell you when I feel overwhelmed and under a LOT of pressure, thats when my thoughts turn to comfort food (NOT of the clean variety). Yesterday was a classic test but I remained calm and focussed and dismissed the thoughts.

Gotta run now. Have a great day and I'll be back when next I have something important to say and the time to say it.

:-) M

2 comments: