Tuesday, February 7, 2012

INJURED AND UNHAPPY - THE SAGA CONTINUES

So with my back and lower body all out of sorts, I decided to do my upper body weights today and give the core strengthening work a rest as it can hurt my lower back a bit.

Now I must say that after yesterday's chiro treatment I still felt like my neck wasnt quite right. When he did the adjustment on it, I felt he hurried it a bit and didnt get it quite right. Couple that with my lat pulldowns where I was determined to get the bar to my chest and .... yep, I've hurt my thorasic spine/neck.

Its been sore all day and I have limited range of movement in tilting my head back and to the sides. I'm still sore through my lower back but it has eased up a little. My adductors are sore from the treatment to release their tightness (but I can deal with that pain.) I FEEL LIKE CRAP.

Note to self: when the chiro says have a couple of rest days, he means rest days and not training the bits of the body next to the ones that are injured. Its all one unit you know; the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone's connected to the ... you know how it goes.

So I'm now officially out of action until my body decides to work properly. Another chiro visit may be necessary but in the meantime I'm going to ease off and let it all settle down.

Misery guts signing off

:-( M

5 comments:

  1. Your chiro sounds like a smart man! Make sure you do rest up, young lady ;)

    Hope you get better soon.

    Hugs

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Magda, Rest, rest, rest and recover.

    then...... no plyometric lunges or pop squats!!! start with controlled lunges making sure to feel your glutes and hamstrings doing the work and controlled squats working up to sissy squats. Much better for our joints!!! Love Kerry W xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magda, you poor thing.

    This will sound weird but your thoracic pain is related to what's happening with those adductors. The adductors are spasming probably due to gluteal/lumbar ligament instability. It's consistent with your posture type...

    Hope you sort it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My chiro is a genius Mich. I'm the fool for not doing as I was told :-(

    Yes Kerry that is what I WAS doing until I upped my ante and am now paying the price. Damned body just doesnt want to cooperate on the more intense stuff despite me thinking I'm easing into it.

    Thanks Sandra (although hugs now would probably aggravate my upper back/neck pain. I just cant win LOL.

    Oh Liz. That just does my head in. I'm so confused about my fitness future.

    M

    ReplyDelete