Sunday, February 20, 2011

TO BE OR NOT TO BE ... TO DO OR NOT TO DO

Frustrated by what appears to be a lack of progress on the weight loss front I decided to have a "no-rules" Sunday today. Yep I ate what I wanted including some sweets. It'd be fair to say that I'm well carbed up for tomorrow's sprint training.

Whats been on my mind all evening though is where I want to go from here. Before my indulgence today and some on Friday night I was sitting comfortably in the 65s. I got there fairly easily and it seems to be one of my set points (I remember this also from previous weight loss efforts). So is 65 where I want to be, where I'd be happy to be? Or am I prepared to up the ante, tighten up my nutrition and aim for a lower number? My Feb goal was to be sub 65 by the end of the month. But how do I feel about that now?

Hilary's blog had a great post about refocussing and recommitting and when I read it I went "yeah." But a voice inside my head says "think this through before making bold statements and declarations." So thats what I'm doing.

Not sure what this week will bring except at least one major change to my life. On Tuesday I start a management course run by one of the unis here in Adelaide. I'll be attending 6 x 2 day blocks and there'll be a significant work based project as part of the assessment. It'll be strange to be a student again. I havent studied for a very long time.

So on that note I'm signing off and mulling over where I am, where I want to be and what, if anything I need to do to get there.

M

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough one Magda... Maybe you could work on maintaining at this weight of a while to see how you feel and then look at making a few small changes. I know I've made the maistake of pushing onwards before only to end up heavier again. This is a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough yes but the answer came to me this morning. All clear now and I know what I want to do.

    :-) Magda

    ReplyDelete