Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3 KM TIME TRIAL

Yesterday I finally had a very long overdue massage to release the aches, pains and tightness through my lower body and back / shoulders. My masseure Mr F inflicted the cruelest torture and pain on me. It was EXCRUCIATING!! I came out feeling like I had just gone 10 rounds with Ali with no wins under my belt. I chugged down water galore to flush out the toxins and went to bed early as I was shattered by 9pm.

Today's training was 8 x 80m sprints followed by a 3km time trial. Well my hammies were still sore and tight so I was a bit worried as to how I'd go. The start of the warm up was slow and painful but luckily by the 8th sprint repeat I knew I was about as good as I'd get.

I ran my 3kms pretty hard and was ahead of my split time goal at the 1 km mark. I kept believing that I'd smash the goal Pat had set for me. I felt good and was convincing myself that I was now running harder for longer.

Alas I was 4 seconds off beating Pat's goal (by 1 second). In the end I'm still happy with that run. The slightly uphill leg at the end did slow me down a little but its not like I was 20 or 30 seconds over my goal time. My hammies held up and I managed an awesome pulse rate and calories burned.

I'm still sore and tight but hope that things settle down over the next few days. Tomorrow's run is one hour but at an easier pace. Then Friday is my rest day. Oh and Metal Monster decided to nudge down a little more this morning which always makes me feel that little bit better :-) I have 800 grams to go to achieve my February goal of sub 65.

M

2 comments:

  1. Our massages are never a pleasure, they're about torturous self-inflicted pain aren't they. But our body thanks us in the end and that's all that matters. Here's hoping you recover really quickly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have to agree Lia. If its a pleasure, its a waste of time LOL.

    ReplyDelete