Monday, December 17, 2012

STEPPING UP FROM TOMORROW

Well Friday lived up to my expectations in terms of eating, drinking and being merry and I paid dearly the next day. I felt awful on Saturday and had no choice but to be on the go all day. That'll teach me to feel invincible when the next drink is offered.
 
Luckily Sunday was pretty much back to normal and it was Hour of Power day again. One hour of cardio nailed again and I felt invincible for all the RIGHT reasons by the end of it. I did a decent amount of stretching too and then rocked into a day of catching up on all that I couldnt face on Saturday.
 
I'm back at work now and tomorrow I start my 6+ weeks as Acting Director. To prepare for it I spent the day tidying my desk and organising my in-tray. *gasp* there is a lot there already. I'm quietly dreading how much more will land in it while I effectively do two jobs. But I'll just take each day one at a time and deal with stuff the best I can. Now more than ever I know its SUPER important to:
 
1. Eat well. Get my veges and fruit in every day. Stay hydrated. Not too much alcohol or crappy food.
 
2. Get some exercise every day - even if its 15 minutes of decent stretching and mobility work or a walk if I'm not up for running.
 
3. Get enough sleep. No matter how uncool it is to go to bed early, its a must if I'm going to function well every day (and God knows, I'll need to).
 
4. Keep a positive mindset. In fact, this one is probably the most important. If I tick all of the above boxes then it just about takes care of itself. But if I'm missing the mark on 1-3 then 4 becomes another struggle, another battle to be fought. (Hmm thats rather insightful, I just realised.)
 
Wish me luck guys. I want to come out the other end feeling good physically, mentally and with a healthier bank balance LOL.
 
M

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, you'll be brilliant!!! Merry Xmas as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistency will be key, Magda. Keep referring back to your list.
    Do you get any sort of a break between Christmas and New Year or is it back to business on the 27th?

    Good luck, I know you'll nail this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gillian. Merry Christmas to you as well.

    Sandra our office closes between Christmas and new year so thankfully there is an enforced break in there. But I'm back on board on 2 Jan and Peter is responsible for parenting duties for Mitchell - you know, taking him to the beach, the movies and generally doing all the fun stuff. At least the boys are on dinner duty as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magda, I'm sure you wouldnt have been asked if you were not more than competent for the role! I have faith that you'll do a great job and keep the balance going. Just think your work will benefit from a happy Magda by getting the training in too!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete