Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WELL HELLO 2013!

Ah blogging, I haven't missed you but it is good to be back. Now that the craziness of Christmas and the new year is over and I'm back at work today I thought it would be a good time to launch back into the blogosphere. 

I had a wonderful break that was a mix of being very busy (like feeding 20 people on Christmas Day - 8 for breakfast and 12 for the main meal) and then totally chilling out immersing myself in the daily crosswords, targets and sudokus. That plus playing with my new iPad mini and getting up and exercising late made for a nearly perfect life :-)

Sad that all good things must come to an end and today I'm back in the grind. But hey, somebody has to run this show (LOL). I've also used my break to establish an exercise routine that I can commit to for some weeks and just clocking up a few good runs and some much needed leg training has lifted my spirits incredibly - oh and its given me a killer case of DOMS too. Once the Christmas food was pretty much finished up (which was only a couple of days) I found it quite easy to get back into normal, healthier eating and whilst the Metal Monster did creep up a bit, it hasn't been nearly as bad as other years. 

Like other bloggers have done, I'm choosing not to do a big recap of 2012. It had its ups and it had its downs and it is in the past and that's where I'm leaving it. I know that 2013 will be an amazing year for a number of reasons. Firstly I turn 50 in July and my goal is to look and feel extraordinarily gorgeous for the event ... and beyond. To that end there is some work to be done and there is no time like the present to get back into some good habits. If there is anything I'd do different this year its simply "doing rather than analysing." Secondly - and this is also a biggie - we have booked to go to Europe in June/July. To say that I'm excited about this is a complete understatement. I'm MEGA EXCITED!!!! as the holiday will form a big part of the month's celebrations leading up to my birthday. (Hey, you gotta celebrate the 0s in a big way).

I'm not doing resolutions but I have 3 goals for January:

1. To not spend any money on food during the week at work and only eat the food I pack. This is for 2 reasons: budget and cutting out junky stuff that is often eaten just mindlessly.

2. Maintain at least 6 exercise sessions every week.

3. Get my weight back under 70kgs and never let it go over again (although that's a long term goal not just one for the month).

So there you have it. Some big news. Some predictable goals. Mixed with a decent dose of optimism. I'm ready for a great year. Bring it on.

:-) M 

 

5 comments:

  1. Europe!!! That is terrific! Whoohooooo!!! Sounds like you had a nice Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Magda! Sounds like it's going to be a good one! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. 2013 is shaping up to be a great year.

    ReplyDelete