Thursday, December 6, 2012

HANGING OUT FOR A HOLIDAY

Ask me on any normal day about my work and I'll tell you that I have a great job with a great boss, a really good team and am surrounded by hard working passionate people. My job pays well and when I need it there is some flexibility for parenting duties. We often joke that Peter will retire first and I'll happily keep working because I'd miss the social aspect of office life.
 
Well this week has been anything but the above and I have really struggled. I've felt totally flat and lacking motivation. I've dragged myself through the days struggling to maintain focus and have let myself drown in negative thoughts and feelings. This is not like me normally and I find myself REALLY looking forward to a week off next week. I desperately need to relax and recharge ready for my 7 week onslaught of acting Director whilst my boss heads to New York for a white Christmas. Right now I'm not ready for it physically, emotionally or mentally and this must change.
 
Last day is tomorrow and we have our section Christmas lunch which will be a very low key affair. I'm just hanging out for home time and being able to say "I'm on holidays now."
 
M
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like the break is coming at just the right time for you, M.

    I wish I could take a week off *before* Christmas so I could re-charge, get everything done before the holidays and then be rested and wonderful when the festivities really hit instead of the stressed out mess I seem to be every year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra after this week off I have 6 days back at work to get all re-stressed in time for Christmas LOL. But I DO plan to put this week to good use :-)

    ReplyDelete