Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ITS A SPUR!!

Well the unofficial word on my right foot is that I do have a boney growth (spur). I called my podiatrist today and his assistant/colleague spilled the beans which I was grateful for as most will not give results over the phone just so they get you back for another consult - which I'm going back for anyways. If I wasnt at The Ice Arena when I made the call, I would've jumped up and done a little happy dance. This is good news as the achilles has been proving very slow to heal.
 
I'll stop speculating about 'what now' other than I'm 100% in for the op to remove it. Its limiting my foot's range of motion and its constantly painful when my foot is extended. Night times especially are challenging as I struggle to find a comfortable position for my foot. Plus, words cannot express how much I'm looking forward to wearing heels again. My nanna sandals just arent me!!
 
Funnily enough despite the spur I can still run and did so this morning. Geez I'm slow and unfit though, mostly through my right glute just aching constantly. Aaaargh FRUSTRATING. But I'll shut up as there are others FAR worse off than me.
 
Just 2 days left of holidays + the weekend. I'm loving this laid back life style although today I got stuck into some cleaning as well. Gotta do my bit for getting the house spic and span for Christmas.
 
:-) M

3 comments:

  1. Great news Magda!
    I'm sure you'll be back in your favourite shoes in no time!
    Speed will come with the running - and as you say you're doing way better than many others

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys. I just couldnt face several more weeks of dead slow recovery from what was thought to be chronic achilles tendonitis. So grateful that the true problem has been identified and the fix is pretty much black and white.

    :-) M

    ReplyDelete