Monday, December 3, 2012

THE PENNY DROPS

When I wrote this post I struggled to articulate exactly what I wanted to say. It seemed like the correct words just didn't come. Then today Craig Harper posts this and hits the nail right on the head. This is that 'internally happy place' I talk about, summed up beautifully.

Skwigg wrote along the same lines here and what she said also really resonated with me. She says:

Now I make good decisions that support my goals, not out of guilt or fear, but because it's what I genuinely want. It's more enjoyable and rewarding than eating all the chocolate in the house, skipping my workout, and ordering takeout for dinner, all of which would make me look and feel worse, not better. 

What is that? Maturity? Laziness? Path of least resistance? I don't have it any me anymore to make a series of bad decisions, face the consequences, make the excuses, create a plan to get back on track, fail at the plan, face more consequences, listen to more excuses, make more plans. That was so tiring. I'll go with easy, boring, predictable, rock solid consistency every time now. Screwing up was too much drama. 

And I guess thats pretty much where I want to be too. Sometimes you just need to look around you to understand whats going on inside you that can help you move forward. Voila, the penny has dropped.
 
On a more practical note though, I managed a jog this morning with no trouble from my achilles or hip. Go figure! 
 
Thanks for listening.
 
M






 

3 comments:

  1. Finally!!!!!! Now you get it! There is a choice that we all make each and every day. What will your's be Magda??? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A catch up before you start dieting again Kerry?? I will call you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not dieting til at least June.... so yes a catch up would be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete