Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE ...

...... as I found in my last post. Its one of the things I love about social media. You put a question or concern out there and people come forth and help you. The comments I got were really helpful at the very least for making me realise that what I'm doing is probably all wrong for the results I'm looking for.
 
For some time I've been toying with the idea of getting some help with my training. Clearly my safe and comfortable formula was not working so a bit of a shake up probably wont do any harm and hopefully it will do some good. There is some thinking and research to do before I decide what to do next year. Plus my preference is to go with someone local that I can see for the occassional 1:1 but thats also food for thought.
 
After another break from weight training I ventured back today and did back, chest and core using my trusty, favourite program. *sigh* I DO love routine. It felt good to pick up, throw around and put down some heavy things and I can feel the chest DOMS starting already. Core strength had suffered a bit as my planks were back to 45 seconds after reaching a comfortable (well relatively) 1 minute a couple of months ago. Typically all my (piddly) weights felt really heavy but that didnt surprise me.
 
Finally, I'm enjoying a week off work as this is my only break over December and January bar the days between Christmas and New Year when our office closes. Its wonderful to have this bit of R & R especially as I'm getting some Christmas prep done as well as taking the time to smell the roses in the form of doing the daily crosswords, target and sudoku. Mitchell will have friends over tomorrow and Thursday so they will be my spring cleaning days, in between some enjoyable stuff as well.
 
Cheers all
 
M
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment