Sunday, December 2, 2012

DOES ANYTHING WORK PROPERLY?

Last week I ventured back to my chiro after several months of not needing a treatment. Ironically it was my neck that was giving me more grief than my back. Regardless he dug in for what was an excruciatingly painful treatment all round. I mentioned that my right hip had been aching and he did some fascia relief on it. It was a bit painful but not even close to the pain from my neck treatment.
 
Almost a week later and my right hip aches constantly, almost to the point where if I have to stand on my right leg only, it hurts and feels really weak. I havent run since Thursday but fingers crossed I'm ok for tomorrow morning. Not sure if there is a particular problem with my hip or if its just wear and tear that comes with age. Geez its annoying though.
 
Couple that with my flippin achilles injury and I'm feeling a bit worse for wear. I'm back to having my foot strapped for 3 days on then 4 days off. In normal everyday use and in flat shoes my ankle/achilles/foot is fine but I still cant extend my foot without pain and sitting with my legs and feet under me is just impossible. So my podiatrist now thinks I might have a boney spur on the back of my ankle (around the achilles). At the end of this week we're going to reassess my progress and perhaps get an x-ray done to see if that might be the problem. You know what! I hope it is. I hope the problem can be that easily pinpointed because then the cure is simple. It would need a minor op to shave off the boney spur and voila all should be good after a short recovery. High heels here I come again :-) :-)
 
In the meantime this recovery is dragging on forever and I can see it going nowhere over the coming months. Please, please, please let it be a spur.
 
Well sorry about my whingey post tonight but I just get so frustrated that the body I think I look after pretty well, keeps letting me down in little ways. I'll shut up now and come back in a better frame of mind next time LOL.    

8 comments:

  1. Ahh its just so frustrating isnt it? The older I get, the more generalised aches and pains I get. Add exercise into the mix, and I'm bound to injure something these days... I certainly keep my chiro in business anyway!

    Hope you get to the bottom of your foot problem and that it is something relatively easy to fix... and I hope your hip feels better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're still a relative youngie Hilary! Up until about 8-10 years ago I hardly had ANYTHING wrong and now it feels like I havent got anything working properly. Frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz. I know I'm not the only person in the world with aches, pains and injuries but I feel like I'm due for a break. Shine some healing light on me because I hate being 'incapacitated'. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you are in the wars!

    Sending healing vibes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle. The joys of the late 40s!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sympathise, Magda. Niggling injuries and aches just drag you down. I'm so, so frustrated with my body too - why can't it just bloody WORK? I'm sick of coddling it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kek, I never thought I'd say this but I miss being able to do lunges and certain yoga stretches and not to mention being able to wear stylish shoes. Yes I feel officially dragged down :-(

    ReplyDelete