Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT WINTER

For anybody who knows me well, you'll know that I HATE winter and would prefer the scorching heat of summer any day but even I admit that I love the following:

1. Rain on the roof when I'm snuggled in my warm bed.
2. Our gas heating - programmed to come on 20 minutes before we get home.
3. Wearing jeans with boots.
4. Wearing scarves.
5. Slow cooker meals.
6. Red wine.
7. The occassional glass of Benedictine - as a REAL treat.
8. The first hit of cold air on my face when stepping out for an early run.
9. Winter fruit - pears are my favourite - but only hard ones please.
10. My birthday in July.
11. Admiring the green countryside and

12.. Counting down til summer (I just had to get that one in LOL)

What do you love about winter?

M

5 comments:

  1. What's not to love...? All of the above and more...in fact, I might just do my own "What I love about Winter" post - if that's OK with you ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that all sounds fabulous especially number 2 :). Me and cold don't get on that well but I do the best I can under the conditions :). Love my electric blanky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the magical frosty mornings with the fog low in the hills, with trees popping through. This morning was magical and wish I could of taken a photo I was driving down the freeway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it SAndra. I look forward to the read.

    I have to agree Shelley, electric blankys RULE!!

    Kristy thanks for reminding me .... I LOVE fog. Always have. Always will. It excites me no end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to comment the other day but darn Blogger wouldn't let me. Anways, here's my little list:

    - the gorgeous Qld winter days.
    - snuggling up on the lounge with a doona and a good book/movie
    - Hot chocolate

    ReplyDelete