Thursday, June 16, 2011

CRANKY PANTS TO SMELLING THE ROSES

Not sure why but I started the day as a real cranky pants today. I was impatient, short-tempered and just grumpy. On the way to work I took some time to have a coffee and write in my journal just to dump some of my thoughts onto the page. Dont know if it helped or not but arriving at work I kicked into top gear and just got on with the squillion issues, problems, tasks awaiting me. There was no time for any "woe is me" bullshit today LOL.

When I think back over my day - how busy it was and what I achieved, I think WOW!! I really must practice acknowledging my successes instead of focussing on my shortcomings. This doesnt come naturally to me as I agonise over the stuff I think I'm no good at - which tends to be more than your average person agonises over.

Today's training was a little different as I did a shorter faster (well sort of) run instead of my usual 40 - 50 minute session. I'm definitely a long and slow girl but my body's not coming to that party so I'm trialling something different to see how I go. I'm still tweaking my training as my routine changes slightly from week to week but I can afford to do that now with no events on the horizon.

I'm eating happily most of the time but acknowledging that my approach is somewhat of a trial and error and this early stage wont necessarily be all sweet smelling roses. There will be days / times when all I can smell is the manure and I just have to believe that the roses will grow through.

Time for bed now (tsk tsk this is too late for me)

M

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Magda, but I agree it's way past my bed time, amazing how time flys when you start chatting to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda, looking back over your day and actually acknowledging your achievements is quite a powerful exercise... I was prompted to do it when I had a stint at home with two "babies" (a two year old and a new born) and didn't have a "proper job"... I used to think I did nothing, but putting it down on paper made me think otherwise...
    Have a great weekend.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, nice to hear from you today and thanks for the comment on my post.

    Hi Sandra, to this day I maintain that its a damn sight easier going to work and dealing with that stuff for 8 or however many hours than it is being at home fulltime caring for babies /toddlers (and I only have one child). I NEVER underestimate how much a stay at home mum does.

    ReplyDelete