Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ESTABLISHING A POSITIVE SPIRAL

This morning I donned 3 layers + a very stylish beanie (LOL) and headed out for a 40 minute walk. It felt good despite a little pain in my legs from yesterday - a combination of DOMs and my hip and glute issues. The temptation to stay in bed was strong but my determination to keep moving was stronger.

I seem to have fallen into a nice calm pattern of eating that focuses on mainly healthy foods balanced with a daily "treat" - being something I wouldnt normally have when I'm trying hard to lose weight. I'm indulging in more variety and letting go of some of my old rules like dinner should be lean protein and green veg on most nights (yep old habits die hard). In fact last night's dinner was minestrone soup (courtesy of Mr Campbell) with a grilled cheese on toast and a glass of red wine. Just perfect seeing I wasnt ravenously hungry but could use the wine to chill out after work.

There've been many times when I've wanted to hop onto the scales but have stuck to my resolve to stay off. I dont want to get bogged down in the numbers because for now my main focus is to find a way to stop binge eating. Its that simple.

So despite work being very busy and stressful at times, I havent turned to food for comfort, escapism or whatever other excuses I could previously muster. And by lifting previous restrictions and going easier on myself, I'm feeling better within myself and so the positive spiral has been established.

:-) M

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Magda. Undoing habits is harder than getting into them in the first place. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true Sandra. Things are going well now - but I always have in the back of mind "when will it all fall over?"

    ReplyDelete