Monday, November 29, 2010

THE COMEBACK

Well it's official. I've signed up with Pat Carroll to train for the 2011 Greenbelt Half to be held on 1 May. He knows what I've come thru and where Im at now and that I'm really keen to run another Half so we're going to start gently and then ramp it up next year.

I've given this a LOT of thought and have a 4 pronged plan of attack to give me the best chance of success.

STEP ONE: Engage Pat for a training program, accountability and encouragement / motivation when the going gets tough. This box is ticked and I should have my program any day now so I'm no longer in limbo thinking about it. It's time to DO.

STEP TWO: Keep my body as healthy as possible thru rehab exercises, physio visits, more regular massages and resting legs on non running days. Just accept that I'm no longer invincible and that lots of care and planning has to go into this.

STEP THREE: Eat like a runner and let go of the traditional body building diet. Fueling my body correctly for runs and recovery will be integral to my success and I want to get this right. So I'll be enlisting the help of Kerith Duncanson (affiliated with Pat) a registered dietician to help me lose a few kegs and have me in great shape for my training and race day.

STEP FOUR: Mental preparation. Never lose sight of my goal and the steps I need to take to achieve it. I've got some good tools up my sleeve and I'm developing more. I'm quietly confident that I'm gonna nail some stuff that I've been struggling with in the last few months.

This is a BIG thing for me. I was a one hit wonder at body building but the Halfs just feel 'so right'. I hope you stay with me thru this next phase in the journey of my life. I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Magda

3 comments:

  1. Magda, I am soooo excited for you!!! Good on you for taking this very positive step in your life. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
    All the best,
    Gillian xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, love your plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gillian. Its a BIG step and I hope it pays off (on the personal satisfaction front).

    Thanks Liz. Training started TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete