Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GOING WITH THE FLOW

Today was a walk day so as not to overdo things and put myself a few steps back. Its encouraging to notice that when walking its hard to get my pulse rate into my training zone. I'm a bit of a dreamer when I walk and often forget to monitor my pace. Hence I end up going a bit slower and combine that with improved fitness and its not as effective a workout. Plus where I live its mainly flat with only a slight incline in one direction.

I'm religiously doing my rehab exercises which are taking up a considerable chunk of my morning time. However I know how important they are and so the time has to be invested. Normally I blow off stuff like that but not this time.

Food is once again pretty good. I'm not stressing about following any particular program or way of eating, having recently dabbled in some specific programs. I even dragged out my Tosca Reno Eat Clean Diet book which I think is pretty good and sensible. However there are few of her rules that I'm just not prepared to do: black coffee (blaaaah tried it and HATE IT); no alcohol (as if!!!! I love my wine and while I'm prepared to cut back how much I have, going cold turkey is not for me); plus packing a cooler bag every day reminds me of comp prep and I want to be more relaxed with my food. So yep she has good advice about healthy food but too many rules for my liking. So I've fallen into a bit of a go-with-the-flow approach and its feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment