Friday, November 19, 2010

LETS CELEBRATE THE POSITIVES IN OUR LIVES

Tomorrow I will run for 1 hour for the first time in several months (well a few anyway). I know I can do it. I just hope I pull up ok afterwards as that is my risk period.

The hour run will be a big psychological milestone for me. It signals a positive return to a healthy and fit me with opportunities to achieve some more challenges. It excites me and that is a good feeling.

I have some great blogger (and real life friends) who, when I need it, throw some really good advice my way. Sometimes I need to hear things from an objective and non emotional viewpoint to realise how much sense they make. There will be some changes and some things implemented that I believe will improve my life further. Not ground breaking stuff but little steps in the right direction. And we all know that if you take enough little steps, you make progress.

I'm happy to put this week behind me. It hasnt been all bad but its really tested me and the lead up to my Christmas holidays will get busier with each passing day. I have NO time to suffer fools and I must remember what is important in my life and not neglect those things:

1. Being a good wife and mother. Having a happy family and knowing that the things I do for them make a positive difference.

2. My rehab. It might be boring. It might be a case of "oh I cant be bothered." But its gotta be done, at least once a day. This is the positive long term view and not the short term instant gratification thats too easy to fall into.

3. Regular training. Slothdom is draining and self esteem destroying. Deep down I know its not an option.

4. Eating healthy. A no-brainer. I could write a book about this one but I think you all know why this is so important so I wont blow on about it.

I havent been committed to my Nailing November goals but I havent swung madly the other way on them either. Today I completed 8 weeks of being sugar free. Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. I'm loving the feeling of not throwing that junk (sugar) into my body. Today I started another human science experiment which I'll blog about later, if I keep it up.

But its now time to enjoy the weekend and love every moment that we are alive on this planet. Things could be a LOT worse so lets celebrate all the positives in our lives.

Cheers all

Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment