Thursday, December 2, 2010

MY PROLONGED WAFFLE

I apologise in advance for my long post but considering my absence lately due to a ridiculously busy workload leading up to Christmas, I feel entitled to this prolonged waffle.

If I write to headings you can skip the “care factor zero” bits LOL.

NAILING IT IN NOVEMBER:

Ok confession time. I wasn’t REALLY committed to this but overall I did ok. Melbourne Cup lunch was a disaster on the alcohol front – or a delight depending on how you look at it.  Personal computer time at work just about took care of itself and delaying the weight training was out of my control as my studio is still “under construction.” I plan to start strong in January.

CH CH CH CHANGES:

Yep some biggies to record here which I love as there is nothing worse than living your life flat line (hmm could be a catchy title for another post).

My running has been improving slowly and steadily and after much thought and deliberation I plunged in and have committed to another Half Marathon (Greenbelt) on 1 May 2011. I received my training program yesterday and dived straight in bringing Friday’s run forward so I could enjoy a much needed sleep in tomorrow (end of week treat). 50 min easy pace jog ticked off.

Last week I was reunited with an old lover. This lover had been a big part of my life until a few months ago. They had brought me happiness and pleasure and whilst our relationship wasn’t good for me, it made it all that much better. I missed them and thought about them often and felt the time had come to re-unite. So…..

I had a Diet Coke. OMG how delish was that!!?? Did I feel any different, any worse after? Nothing. Diet Coke, in moderation, is back on my menu.

On Sunday, after a 9+ week’s abstinence I also indulged in a small sweet treat as part of our family’s Thanksgiving celebration. Yes I had a small piece of pumpkin pie with a small scoop of Sara Lee vanilla ice cream. Very yummy but the next day I felt like a wrung out rag from tiredness and general feelings of being unwell. Not sure if it was a reaction to the sugar or totally unrelated but am back sugar free and feeling good again.

THE USUAL ROUND UP:

Diet: November didn’t start well. Melbourne Cup lunch with waaay too much champagne saw all sensible, healthy eating go out the window for a few days (Why is it SO hard to regroup after these occasions??!!) Fortunately I pulled myself back together and managed to finish strong with a focus on more vegetarian meals and more good carbs (more on this in a later post). Employing some portion control and running / walking consistently has seen me finish the month a smidge under my starting weight so I’m ok with that.

Training: well you already know that all is good on this front. Achieving the one hour run and nailing one at a faster pace had my confidence soaring, not to mention the endorphins flooding my body and taking me to cloud nine.

Headspace: Well the ups and downs continue but I’ve found a way to help myself in the short term and in the longer term as well. Will share more about this later although I will say that when you’re on a good thing and you know it works, stick to it and for this reason I’ve decided to go back to my SP for the coaching that I wanted. Yep it’ll be by phone but I’m ok with that as I know that I have a connection with her already and can confidently take things to the next level. I’ll be contacting her for a consult in January and then I can decide how often I’ll want to speak with her.

I guess I better wrap up there, if you’re still with me. For me December will be all about:

  1. surviving work until the 21st
  2. completing my running training
  3. getting my nutrition sorted out (or maybe defer to January so can relax with eating over the holiday period)
  4. fitting in all of the Christmas preparations
  5. then devoting myself to family, holidays and the Christmas spirit from the 22nd
Cheers all

Magda



2 comments:

  1. Great roundup Magda :) Will reply to your email when I get a spare few minutes...

    ReplyDelete