Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A NEW COMMITMENT

Today I was struck with yet another aha moment (I don't get too many powerful ones but today's was the real mckoy). It's time to make a new commitment as I have done previously when I decided to ditch artificial sweeteners and more recently, sugar. Both of those decisions have helped me in my quest to ditch binge eating or to moderate it's intensity if it does hit. So now it's time to up the ante.

I have really struggled these last few days, battling feelings of not being good enough, being rejected and letting down my employer. I've sought comfort in food which has resulted in too much mindless eating even though I know it's not the answer. So it dawned on me today that there was now another behavior or habit that I had to change to help me get on top of the mindless eating.

I WILL STOP EATING AT MY DESK.I worked out that about 80 percent of my mindless eating is done at my desk in response to feeling stressed, frustrated and sometimes bored. Whilst I know I'm not addressing the cause of the problem (that's a whole other post) I can change my physical circumstances to my reaction. So my new quest and Nailing it in November goal is to not consume food at my desk. Coffee and drinks are ok but not food. I'll eat my lunch in a different spot and snacks too if I need them but NO MORE FOOD AT MY DESK. First goal is to complete one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment