Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ITS NOT OFTEN THAT I GET TO FROCK UP



Here I am frocked up for a ball on Saturday night. I luuuurve getting dressed up and I must admit that I felt pretty fantastic considering where I was 5 weeks ago. I might not be bikini material (now) but this isnt bad considering I'm close to 50 and have been severely restricted in what / how I can train.



I forgot to mention that it was a masquerade ball. A complete stranger complimented me on my dress (bought in a quirky little shop in The Rocks in Sydney many years ago) lifting my spirits even further :-)


A friend leant me this gorgeous hat for MC day. I felt soooo good in it. I was on my way to lunch with work friends / colleagues and I felt like a million bucks (shame I didnt get a pic of my dress which was quite stunning).

8 comments:

  1. you look terrific Magda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kek and Liz. Amazing what a difference a bit of effort makes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot-woo! You look stunning Magda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Magda... You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Magda, I will say something.

    A self help book I was reading asked me to imagine where I wanted to be in 20 years time, (ie age 50 as I'm now 30. Ie what I was doing, looked like, what my values were, etc etc.

    I was quite surprised by my answers. I answered that I wanted to travel and holiday lots, live near the beach, work in a job/business I was somewhat passionate about mostly. While the thought of staying/travelling in luxury somewhat appealed to my dreams, so did the ideals of hiking or cycling outdoorsy holidays, camping, (such as challenging treks of at least 3 nights), kayaking etc. I've done lots of these outdoorsy type of things and loved them between ages of 15-20 in NZ.

    However I was thinking of someone with the body I wanted to kind of resemble, (of course not copy as we are individuals) when nearing 50. I was considering the achieveable such as people around my height and a similar look when in shape. I know you aren't 50 yet and look far from it but two weeks ago you were the 'look' I fantasised myself looking close to in my 40s. These pics confirm it so I'm posting! Way to go, look at your waist and shoulders! (Now I'd be stoked with your look!) :-)

    ReplyDelete