Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MY OWN HUMAN SCIENCE EXPERIMENT AND MY NEXT BIG GOAL IS BREWING

I was only too glad to see the back of last week. In terms of my health, fitness and emotional wellbeing it was pretty disastrous on all fronts. What it did reinforce to me in no uncertain terms is the strong connection between mind and body. When I was in a bad place feeling depressed about my rejection and letting that snowball into an avalanche of other negative feelings and beliefs, ironically my back and glute area started to ache again. I had been virtually pain free just before that so it was pretty uncanny. Then to really ice the cake, so to speak, some rubbish eating just made it all worse and voila I'm now working hard to reverse those bad decisions and actions. Lesson learnt? I'd like to think so but there are no guarantees.

Fortunately over the weekend the tides turned and my mood and attitude lifted back to their normal positive places. It was like a breath of fresh spring air slowly blowing through and taking with it the badness of the week before. I didnt run as much as I would have liked but this was because I had a catch up with the lovely Miss Kerry on Saturday (and might I say she looks so HOT after competing recently at both the state and national levels) and then another friend and her kids on Sunday. I do love being a social butterfly and especially as I hadnt seen Kerry for a good heart to heart for so long.

Monday started well and I nailed a 55 minute run and pulled up ok. I backed it up with another 55 today which may not have been the best idea as I pulled up sore and nervous about just how long I can run and still manage the after effects. Its a bit of trial and error at the moment and I'm almost my own human science experiment which I quite enjoy. I've learnt so much since my injury ruled out any running and now I'm playing with what I know and what I do to manage the injury. I liken it to cooking where I have a recipe but I need to adjust the seasonings and some of the ingredients to suit my tastes. I hope the end product is tasty and just right.

Time will tell if I nail it and then look out as I have a big goal brewing. Its hellishly scary, yet exciting too and I'm praying that my stars and planets align and I can pull it off. The fact that I cant stop thinking about it suggests that I really want it but it would be premature to come out about it just yet.

So cruising for now and still pondering the coaching but mindful that it needs to fit around what may be my driving force over the coming months should I take the leap and commit to my goal.

Cheers for now

Magda

2 comments:

  1. I like your recipe analogy Magda. Look forward to hearing about your new goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thanks Charlotte. It feels like its all about getting the mix right. I've made a huge improvement but there is still some way to go and I keep at it.

    Cheers

    magda

    ReplyDelete