Monday, September 9, 2013

SURPRISES, INJURIES AND NEW GOALS

Gosh last week was all over the place. On Fathers Day I missed my hour of power workout AND ate WAY more than I needed. The start of the week was pretty normal and then from Wednesday onwards I was quite out of sorts after my boss dropped the "you're acting Director while I'm on leave next week" bombshell on me. Eek, I wasn't expecting that.

On Thursday morning during my upper body workout I was pressing a 16kg barbell overhead when I heard a definite crackle from my neck. Hmm, not a good sound, nor a good feeling but it was my last rep in my last set so I just pushed on to my next exercise and finished my workout. Needless to say, my neck stayed pretty sore and I skipped doing weights on Friday morning but got LOTS of incidental exercise walking from my city carpark to the show grounds and back with Mitchell as we had a day at the Royal Show.

Yesterday I was back into my running with a RunKeeper program which will structure my training over the next 8 (I think) weeks. I've chosen 'Running For Fat Loss' in the hope of shifting 2-3 kilos so I can rock a LBD I have for work in summer AND to fit properly into a new pair of boyfriend jeans I bought in London. Silly me bought them in a snug size 10 but they need to be loose and slouchy. The good news is that 2 or 3 kilos should do it. Yep, I've seriously adjusted my beliefs and standards about my weight and I can tell you its VERY liberating. 

This morning was 350 Workout day backed up with 10 hill climbs on the spin bike. I love starting the week with a great sweat fest. Oh and even after a topsy turvy week of missed training sessions and some less than stellar eating, the Metal Monster showed a drop to a number that I'm quite happy with. I just need those boyfriends and that LBD to look good and I'll be the proverbial pig in shit :-)

M       

2 comments:

  1. I hope the week goes well at work for you! Ouch regarding the neck!

    You will feel comfy in those boyfriend jeans soon, - go you! Nice job regarding the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good thanks Pip. And yeah, I'm in a pretty good place with my training, despite my sore neck.

    ReplyDelete